The PB2648 Sand Blasting system known as the Super-Grit-Pit has a large working area and front loading door. It is a high quality commercial pressure pot sand blasting system that performs at the top of it’s class.
The unique vortex filtration system keeps your view clear while you work productively with the quality made pressure pot system.
- Inside Work Space: 61cm D x 123cm W x 101cm H
- Outside Dimensions: 104cm D x 137 W x 218cm H
- Shipping Weight: 450 kilos
- Power: 220 volt, 50 hz.
- <i class="fa "></i> Features
- <i class="fa "></i> Specifications
- <i class="fa "></i> Manual
- <i class="fa "></i> Brochure
- <i class="fa "></i> Tech Tips
- <i class="fa "></i> How To
- <i class="fa "></i> Optional Equipment
- <i class="fa "></i> Related Products
VORTEX technology automatically separates the usable abrasive from the unusable abrasive, maximizing the recycle rate of your blasting media.
During blasting, VORTEX sends the abrasive into an airwash, which automatically filters the finest dust particles and debris from the usable abrasive. The dust and debris are directed into the HEPA filtration system, ultimately ending up in the disposable liner; the usable abrasive is redirected back into your system for reuse.
This 50 lb., ASME-certified pressure vessel houses the abrasive. It automatically filters out debris to prevent clogging. Our exclusive 45 degree angle design allows for a more consistent sandflow.
Premium Dust Filtration System
This exclusive, built-on dust filtration system incorporates a mechanical shaker to protect you from exposure to airborne dust while you are sandcarving, and even during maintenance dust removal. The dust filtration system efficiently separates the worn abrasive using eleven woven polyester, HEPA filtration Teflon bags. The unusable abrasive is then emptied into the clear disposable liner.
The Premium Dust Collector incorporates 15 sq. ft. of efficient HEPA filtration and separation. Built-in HEPA filtration allows for separation and capture of 99.7% of the dust particles as you are sandcarving. As a result, your sandcarving work area remains cleaner at all times.
Clear Disposable Liner
This accessible, removable clear liner stores your unusable abrasive until you are ready to throw it out. The clear liner is attached to the lower chamber of the Premium Dust Filtration System; because the bag is transparent, you can easily see when it needs to be emptied.
Ergonomic Cabinet Design
The cabinet design follows the contours of your natural position while sandcarving, which allows you to work comfortably and more productively.
Large Padded Arm Entry
This large padded arm entry allows you to insert or remove compact projects from the cabinet, without having to open the doors. Plus, your range of motion while carving is maximized by the 38 in. by 9 in. arm entry area, which is padded to minimize stress on your forearms. The opening is lined with a neoprene curtain and a nylon bristle brush; the neoprene curtain keeps your abrasive inside the cabinet and the nylon bristle makes for a comfortable working area.
Dual Recessed Halogen Lights
The dual recessed halogen lighting provides the brightest lit sandcarving workspace on the market.
Adjustable Blasting Shelf
The blasting shelf can be adjusted to accommodate different-sized projects. This multiple level adjustable shelf is perfect for heavy glass projects.
Oversized Viewing Window
The oversized laminated safety glass provides superior visibility while sandcarving. The oversized viewing window can easily be replaced.
Full Size Front Entry Door
The full size door creates an entry opening large enough to easily place sizeable projects inside the cabinet. The large entry also allows you to inspect your project prior to completion, without having to remove it from the cabinet.
Locking wheels give you the flexibility to move your system when required.
Heavy Duty Foot Pedal
For high production use and heavyset or husky sandcarvers. Engineered for extreme durability, the heavy duty foot pedal resists wear better than standard foot pedal.
Foot Switch Valve
This new footswitch valve provides longer performance and is very low maintenance in comparison to the former footswitch valve. It also optimizes air and sand flow to your hoses.
Heavy Duty Blasting Hose
The 10 ft. heavy duty hose is flexible and provides adequate sand flow and longer blasting usage.
The durable 3/32 in. carbide nozzle is versatile and easy to use for any sandcarving project. It comes with an adapter and O-ring.
Pressure Regulator/Water Separator
This unit regulates the amount of air pressure and sand flow (PSI) being sent to your blasting hose/nozzle and efficiently separates the water content. We have combined the two functions into one unit to minimize space. Standard features include an auto-relieving moisture drain to remove water drops and oil from compressed air, a push-down locking adjustment knob to change pressure settings, pressure gauge, liquid level indicator and manual relieving valve.
Exclusive Air Curtain
The Exclusive Max Flow Air Curtain directs air across your viewing window to remove dust and ensure maximum visibility while sandcarving. This process is made possible by a vent above the viewing window. Also, helps prevent dust and overspray to your viewing window.
Lighting (three-switch operation)
Separate switches for the Premium Dust Filtration System, stationary lights and the auxiliary adjustable lights allow you to adjust your working environment for optimal vision and performance.
Treated Cabinet Interior
The interior of the cabinet is treated with a black powdercoat and neoprene lining to enhance your viewing contrast while protecting your glass at the same time.
Adjustable Blasting Shelf
The blasting shelf can be adjusted to accommodate different-sized projects.
Oversized Viewing Window
The oversized laminated safety glass provides superior visibility while sandcarving.
3/4 Horsepower High Efficient Motor
The 3/4 horsepower, low maintenance motor optimizes the output of your sandcarving system at 740cfm. This powerful motor will withstand years of operation.
The system is built to last for years, with total seam-welded, 14 gauge steel construction and a epoxy powder-coated finish. The epoxy powder-coated finish resists rust as well as chips, scratches and wears better than other types of finishes.
ProBlast guarantees that our sandcarving systems are built to last.
• Lifetime warranty on cabinet construction
• 1-year warranty on the motor
• 90-day warranty on water separator/regulator
• 90-day warranty on foot pedal, foot switch valve and heavy duty blasting hose
Why does my foot switch have air blowing out of it when I am not stepping on it?
The problem lies in the Foot Pedal Actuator; here are three things you can check:
- It could be the (valve in-side the foot pedal housing) that is causing the problem. This occurs when the actuator has become loose and is misaligned allowing the top portion of the pedal’s tab to depress the actuator shaft (button) causing the valve to be a portion of the way depressed (open) allowing air the continue to flow through the pedal.
- It may also be that the actuator did not completely open (spring back) after you last stepped off the foot pedal.
- There could also be some dust / debris keeping the valve from completely opening (once your foot is off the pedal).
- Realign foot pedal actuator
- Clean / lubricate existing actuator with WD40 to remove any dust or derbies from actuator shaft, or within the actuator, blow away any dust from the actuator shaft (button), possibly lubricate shaft, or replace the foot pedal and hoses.
- To access the actuator remove the two screws on the sides of the pedal.
- Remove BLUE supply hose and RED exhaust hose for internal lubrication and cleaning.
- Replace the foot pedal and hoses your cost will be $115.00 (price includes a new modified actuator), unfortunately your style may have been discontinued which will require an up-grade.
I can’t get the air to stop coming out my hose. The foot pedal has no control. I have taken apart my entire assembly at the bottom of the pot, replaced the white block along with the rubber diaphragm.
This could only be caused by two possible problems:
1. Air-supply. The Pressure Pot requires at least 80psi supplied to the pot for the diaphragm to stop the flow of air and sand through the white valve body (lower media valve). The upper media valve requires a minimum 30psi greater pressure then your blasting pressure (shown on pot’s regulator). The upper media valve receives the unregulated air-supply from the compressor. Confirm your Air Compressor is set at the maximum air-output there should be no air restriction to the pot.
2. Foot Pedal Actuator. There is an actuator located in your foot pedal housing that interrupts the air supply when stepping on the pedal. When the pedal is not being depressed it is “normally open” meaning the air is flowing through it. Once you step on the pedal it allows the built up pressure in the lower media valve to force the diaphragm open and the sand and air to flow through the lower media valve and the blasting hose. If your sand and air is not stopping, possibly the foot pedal actuator is stuck closed or pressed in and will not spring back out. Open the foot pedal housing and confirm the actuator tab springs in and out when pressing the tab.
Does the exhaust vent on the 2034VX and 2648VX need to be vented outside?
No, the exhaust vent on the dust collector does not need to be vented outside; the dust collector does a superb job of collecting the dust and exhausting clear air. However, it is optional to install some flex tubing and exhaust to an outside wall.
Will the 2034VX Sandcarving Systems fit through my shop door?
The 2034VX Sandcarving System will fit through any 91cm wide doorway. If you have a smaller door entry, as an option, you can remove the padded arm rests; this will reduce the width of the sandcarving system to about 81cm allowing for an easier entrance.